Everything You Need to Know About Indian Slots
Slots are the most readily available casino games you can find online. Whether you fancy spinning the reels of a major progressive title, or something older and simpler, there are options. From classical fruit machines to India-themed slots, there is something for everyone. What if you aren’t familiar with online slots, though?
As bizarre as that sounds, some people are just starting out in the online casino world for the first time. It is understandable that they need a bit of a warm-up, familiarising themselves with slots. That’s what we’re here to do. Join us at Indian Betting Sites as we explore slot machines and how they work in our gambling guide.
Join Our Top Indian Casinos Offering Slots
As touched on, you can find slots in virtually every Indian casino out there. However, some sites have that x-factor that others lack. Before we explain how slots work, let us introduce you to some of the best Indian casinos out there. Each of these new casino sites online offers a wealth of slot titles for Indians to choose from. Moreover, they represent the best and most trusted casinos in the business. They include:
Slot Machine Reels and Paylines Explained
If you have any inkling of how slots work, you’ll know that they consist of reels and paylines. In most cases, a slot will offer either three reels or five reels. Some modern slots feature six. These reels (also known as drums) hold the symbols. The paylines run across those reels and identity paths or routes for success. The basic notion of the slot is simple to grasp. You must line up identical symbols on those paylines across the reels to win.
Normally, you need at least a three-of-a-kind (three symbols) to land a win, but not always. Similarly, there may be times when paylines don’t work as you might expect. We’ve detailed those below, and they include:
- Cluster Pays: No paylines feature in these slots. Instead, you will win if you group together a cluster of six or more symbols.
- MegaWays: MegaWays games feature six reels, and a random number of paylines appears on each spin. In most cases, there will be up to 117,649 ways to win in these games.
- Ways to Win: Most slots have between one and two hundred and forty-two paylines. Any more than this, and they stop being paylines and become “ways to win”. After 243 lines, you no longer need to land symbols on a line. Instead, landing them on adjacent reels is enough to pick up a prize.
- Collapsing Reels/Systems: Some games utilise collapsing reels, specifically MegaWays and Cluster Pays games. Here, a win will see winning symbols removed, and new ones drop down to replace them. This can continue until no new wins occur.
- Expanding Paylines: At the same time, some collapsing reels may offer expanding paylines. Also known as tumbling reels or cascading reels, they can see an increase in the number of ways to win.
Common Slot Variants You Can Expect to See in Indian Casinos
Many slots can be grouped based on the type of engine or mechanics they offer. These are other words for “features”. To simplify your search for slots, allow us to explain how they work below:
- Classic Slots/Fruit Machines: Classic slots are sometimes known as fruit machines. These games usually feature just three reels and between one and five lines. They seldom have special features and may utilise classic imagery or fruit symbols, hence their name.
- Video Slots: Video slots form most slot games. They often feature five reels, and many have anything from five up to 4,096 ways to win. Expect to see special features woven into their design, and they often have a theme.
- Book Slots: Book slots are usually played over five reels and ten lines. They get their name from the special symbol which appears in them. It is usually a book and acts as a scatter/wild. We’ll look at those more in a moment. The basic idea is that during the bonus, one symbol is chosen at random as an expanding icon.
- Cluster Pays Slots: Cluster Pays slots are usually played over five reels, but as mentioned, they have no lines. Instead, you’ll win by grouping together symbols, and most have a cascading reels engine.
- Hold and Win: Hold and Win games all use the same bonus. Here, players can re-spin wheels that have empty spots or specific symbols. You’ll win prizes based on how many of these symbols you can collect.
- MegaWays Slots: MegaWays games are played over six reels and have as many as 117,649 random triggered lines. Sometimes there are more, and sometimes less. Their defining feature is the use of cascading reels and win multipliers. They are highly volatile slots – more on that in a moment.
Progressive or Non-Progressive Games at Indian Casinos
Slots can be progressive or non-progressive in nature. You will often hear this term thrown around. Progressive slots are sometimes known as jackpot slots. This doesn’t mean that non-progressive slots don’t have jackpots. It just means that they are won differently. We’ll explain how they work below.
- Progressive Jackpot Slots: Progressive jackpot slots have an uncapped jackpot that rises in value with each new bet. It is the same prize whenever you play, so once one player wins it, the prize disappears everywhere. It may be won via a bonus round, a payline, or at random. Some progressive jackpots are worth millions of dollars.
- Non-Progressive Jackpot Slots: Non-progressive jackpots are fixed. Here you will always win the same amount in relation to your stake. It doesn’t matter where you play or when the jackpot is won; the same prize is always available. Most non-progressive jackpots are won by landing a specific five-of-a-kind combo on a payline.
RTP Rate and Volatility Explained
Two other terms you may wish to familiarise yourself with are RTP and volatility. RTP (or, as it is known, Return to Player) is the opposite of house edge. If the house edge is the amount of each bet a casino keeps as pure profit, the RTP is the amount they put back for players to win. The higher the RTP, the better. In most cases, we wouldn’t play a slot with an RTP of less than 95%.
Volatility is the level of risk involved. It tells you how a game is played and who it is suitable for. For instance, a highly volatile game doesn’t pay often but delivers wins of epic values when it does. By contrast, low variance games pay out regularly (very regularly) but deliver small wins by comparison. Highly volatile games are suitable for players with big budgets on account of how long losing spells may last. Low variance games are suitable for players on budgets, as the regular wins top up their balance.
What Do You Need to Know About Buy-a-Bonus Modes?
Some slot machines come with a buy-a-bonus mode woven into their design. The basic idea here is that you can “purchase” a bonus round straightaway without waiting to trigger it naturally. Some players like these features, but most don’t. There is a risk that software providers may choose to exclude features solely to charge you for them later. It is always better to play a slot that has a wealth of features that you can trigger naturally.
Special Slot Symbols
If you play a video slot, then you are likely to come across special features. Most of these bonus features are triggered via special symbols. While their exact nature can change and vary from game to game, many of them work the same way. We’ll introduce you to the most common amongst them below. They include:
- Wild Symbols: Acting like a joker in a deck of cards, slot wilds can count as any standard paying symbol. More specifically, any you need to land a win. They can’t replace other bonus symbols. These can come in all shapes and forms.
- Scatter Symbols: Scatters get their name because they count anywhere on the reels. In short, they don’t need to appear on a payline. These symbols can dish out scattered cash prizes. However, many of them can also trigger bonuses when three or more appear.
- Mystery Symbols: Unlike wilds, mystery symbols cannot become any symbol you need to win. They are quite specific. However, they can transform into one type of symbol. Whether that helps you or not will depend on what’s on the screen.
- Multipliers: Multipliers may be attached to wilds or other symbols, added at random or when you land consecutive wins. The idea is that they will multiply whatever you’ve won by a specific or random figure.
- Bonus Symbols: Unlike scatters, bonus symbols typically need to appear on specific rules. However, they can trigger bonus rounds or instant win prizes when they land on those reels. The features they offer will vary from slot to slot.
Indian Casinos Offer a Fab Array of Features for You to Enjoy in Top Slots
As we’ve mentioned, most video slots come with bonus rounds and features triggered by special symbols. We’ve detailed the special symbols above, so let’s introduce you to the main bonus round next. Of course, there are many more than we’ve listed here, and they vary from slot to slot. However, the ones below are the most common and will help you get a rough idea of what’s available. They include:
- Free Spin Bonus: In these rounds, you can spin the reels for free. You will have a fixed number of spins, and you may get the chance to win more. Alternatively, you can land an unlimited number of spins. With the latter, an event will end the bonus. It is not uncommon to see added features included in free spin bonuses, such as special wilds or multipliers.
- Click and Win Bonus: The click and win bonus is a straightforward round where you can click on symbols/icons. Doing so will unlock cash prizes. The feature may end when you’ve won a specific amount or when you hit a booby trap.
- Instant Win Bonus: These features can vary. For instance, you could be facing a penalty shoot-out in a football slot or a shooting match in a Wild West game. Their nature is wholly dependent on the theme of the slot. Some slots even have board game-like rounds, known as trail bonuses.
- Money Wheels: In a money wheel bonus, you can spin a wheel of fortune to win a cash prize. In some cases, progressive jackpots can be won in this manner.
Other Common Features in Slot Machines
- Random Triggered Cash Prizes: There’s nothing complicated about these. At any point in the game, the slot may decide to reward you with a cash prize for no reason at all.
- Random Triggered Modifiers: Randomly triggered modifiers are also nice things to have. At any point, they may decide to spice up your gameplay. They can add extra lines, extra wilds, trigger bonuses or modify your game in any other number of ways.
- Gamble Features: A rather dull feature; gamble modes can be triggered (in some slots) following any win. What happens here is that you gamble your winnings on the turn of a card. You’ll either double (or quadruple) or lose your bet based on the next card in the sequence. Most players deem gamble features not worth your time as you have a 50/50 chance of success at best.
Join India’s Best Casinos Offering Online Slots Today
Gone are the days when you had to join a specific casino if you wanted games from one developer. Nowadays, the best betting sites for Indians can offer you titles from many different providers under one roof. The best Indian casinos can easily support thousands of games from twenty, thirty or even forty providers.
It is our job to showcase the very best Indian casinos right here. Head straight over to our Indian casino reviews to find the best sites with immense slot libraries. We promise you that you won’t be disappointed with what you find.
FAQS – We Answer Your Online Slot Machine Questions
Before we leave, allow us to answer some of your questions relating to online slot machines. Here’s how we can help:
Only to you. A theme is designed to lure in certain types of players. You are more likely to find slots with themes you like more enjoyable. Therefore, slot themes matter to some and not others.
Virtually all of them, yes. There are some specialist sites that only offer table games, such as live dealer casinos. However, for the most part, you can find slots in almost all Indian casinos.
Almost all top Indian casinos accept the Indian rupee as a payment method. Moreover, all leading software providers have ensured that the INR currency can be used to bet on their games.
A casino free spin bonus is offered by the betting site. It offers free spins on selected games played with minimum stakes, either as a deposit bonus or a loyalty reward. A slot free spin bonus is awarded inside the game, often by landing scatter or bonus symbols.
Some slot games feature progressively unlocked goodies. If this is the case, most will remember “where you are” for a short while. That may be a few days or weeks. However, this won’t be the case with all games. It is a handy feature, as it allows you to stop playing and return to a game later.
RNG stands for random number generator. The certificate associated with games ensures that they have been checked and tested for fair play. RNG-certified games are guaranteed to be fair, and we would only recommend playing these titles.