Your Guide to Betting Apps in India
Most online casinos in India can be played on mobile phones, but do they offer betting apps? There are apps for this and mobile apps for that in today’s world. Certainly, betting apps were commonplace a few years back. What about today, though, and what is a betting app? Is it possible to wager at Indian gambling sites without gambling apps? These are questions that many Indian players want the answers to. Allow us to explain.
In this guide by Indian Betting Sites, we will explore your chances of playing with top betting apps online. We’ll explain how they work, what they can do for you, and where to get them. If you want to learn everything there is to know about betting apps; you’ve come to the right place. Let’s dive straight in by looking at some top casinos and sportsbooks offering betting apps to players in India.
Join Our Top Indian Betting Apps
Many of today’s best and leading Indian gambling sites offer betting apps. When you decide to sign up and play with our recommended sites, you’re joining a trusted domain. Below, you can find many of India’s leading betting sites ready and waiting for you. They include:
What Are Betting Apps?
As their name suggests, a betting app is a mobile app that allows you to gamble online. However, that’s too simple an explanation to suffice most Indian bettors. Let us be more specific – it is an app that facilitates sports or casino gambling. However, these mobile betting apps are not the only way for Indian players to gamble online. You can often play and bet with nothing more than your browser.
Mobile betting apps are seldom mandatory. Most betting sites in India will let you play without them. A typical app is essentially nothing more than an interface. It helps you navigate to the part of the casino or sportsbook you want to go to.
This is essential when a casino or sportsbook is cluttered or doesn’t fit your screen well. A mobile app will reorganise and shape the site to match your device’s screen. Of course, mobile betting apps only work if you are online. The second you go offline, they are useless. The same can be said of many other apps, though.
Sports and Casino Gambling Apps
What can you gamble with? You can choose to gamble on sports and casino games for the most part. Mobile gambling apps will also facilitate live dealer gambling and instant win games if those are supported at the site. The same is true for live sports betting, e-sports gambling, and virtual sports games.
Some mobile gambling apps are clearly designed for one feature or the other. For instance, there are mobile betting apps that are only designed to be used to bet on sports. Others can only be used to gamble on slots, table games and so on. However, there are mobile betting apps out there which offer both functions. These are rare (it’s a lot of information for one app to process), but they do exist.
Of course, there is more to playing with betting apps than just downloading and using them. To ensure that you’re playing in the best manner possible, we need to look at a couple of other things. Let’s walk you through a few more of the key points of playing with bet apps in India next.
Mobile Compatibility is Important
When gambling online, mobile compatibility is hugely important. Ultimately, some betting apps are only going to be for those with iOS devices. Others will be Android only, and some sites will have apps for each. However, it is worth noting that there is another way to gamble on the go, too. This is via instant play sites. It doesn’t involve an app at all, and yet you can still play on your mobile device. We’ll come to those options in a moment.
Bear in mind that each gambling app may run slightly differently, depending on the device you use. For instance, some older apps are developed with tablets in mind. They may appear quite small compared to more modern apps. Others may be twitchy or not as easy to navigate if you’re using them on a sub-optimal device. You should also remember that apps need updating. An outdated app won’t run smoothly. Nor will trying to run an app on a device that is simply too old. The same is true of phones running an outdated operating system (OS).
For these reasons (and more besides), it is important that you read up on the specific app available. Each sportsbook or casino can provide you with more details about them. Be sure that you install the right betting app for your device.
Different Ways to Bet with or Without Apps
As touched on earlier, you don’t always have to opt for downloadable mobile betting apps. There are a few other options out there. Not everybody has an iOS or Android device. Of course, not every Indian will have a modern phone capable of running apps. Some of us simply don’t want hundreds of apps on our phones and refuse to use them. None of these are reasons for missing out on a spot of mobile casino gambling or sports betting. Allow us to showcase a few of these options for you below. They include:
- Mobile Betting Apps: These are the betting apps we’ve been discussing thus far. Basically, they allow you to download betting app software and install it on your phone. Assuming you have an internet connection, you can then bet through those apps.
- Instant Play Apps: These are essentially websites. Most are developed in HTML5. This means that they work without apps. In short, all you need is a simple, straightforward web browser and Wi-Fi (or mobile data) connected to play. Just navigate to the site in your device’s browser, and you’re good to go.
- Downloadable Casino/Sports Betting Software: Playing at casinos and sportsbooks is also possible in another way. Just like there are mobile casino apps, there are also downloadable software packages. They are installed on your device and played much like an app. In fact, these are the foundation for what would become mobile apps. These are designed for laptops, not phones. Yes, they still constitute mobile gambling, as laptops are mobile. However, they aren’t as convenient and truthfully, they’ve been in decline for years.
If you’ve got a modern mobile phone, then you’re naturally going to want to choose mobile betting apps. Before installing them, though, there are a few things you’ll need to check.
How to Get Started with Indian Betting Apps
Before you download mobile betting apps, we need to go through a few checks. Firstly, how much space is the app going to take? Most betting sites will tell you this. However, you may also be able to find that information in an app store. We use apps for virtually everything today, so our phones can sometimes be cluttered. If you don’t have enough space, you’re going to need to delete some apps to make room.
Secondly, you should check that your device is compatible with the most recent version of the app. If it isn’t, you may be able to find an “older version” of the app online. However, these are generally less secure. If you’re planning on obtaining a new phone anyway, you may be in luck. If not, then playing via the web browser may be the best option for you.
Finally, you need to learn how to obtain the app. There are typically three ways you can obtain betting apps on mobile devices.
- Download from App Stores: Your first port of call will be the app stores. Apps are downloadable from Google Play and iOS, depending on the app you’re after. Once downloaded, you should be able to sign-in using your casino/sportsbook credentials. If you haven’t made an account, you can do that through the app or the website in question.
- Scan QR Codes: For the sake of simplicity, some betting sites offer QR codes. These involve nothing more than scanning the code with your phone. After doing so, you’ll get to install the app. If you don’t want to trawl around app stores, this is the way to go. Admittedly, not all sites offer this service.
- Manually Download Software: Your final option is to manually download the app software. Naturally, this is not going to be possible for iOS users. Only Android phones give you the option of installing third-party apps. You must lower your security settings to make it happen. Once the relevant services have been switched off, you can install the app with no questions asked.
If none of these are app options for you, then you have but one choice. You must opt to play in the online casino or sportsbook using your browser. If the site has been designed well, there is no reason you won’t enjoy it. Some instant play betting sites are just as fun and enjoyable as betting apps. This is not a bad alternative if you have no other way to play.
Top Reasons to Bet with Indian Betting Apps
Not everybody will be persuaded by what we’ve said thus far. If you need a bit of a push to get started with betting apps, consider the following:
- Betting apps are often more streamlined than instant play sites. This means they are tailor-made to fit the screen size on your device.
- If you’re playing with older devices, betting apps are likely to be far better suited. They run smoother than resource heavy browsers.
- Gambling on the go is easier with betting apps, so the experience is everything you’d hope for.
- Some mobile betting apps facilitate the use of mobile payment options. These aren’t always available in conventional casino and sportsbook sites.
- Finally, many top gambling apps allow you to take advantage of mobile bonuses. Again, these won’t always be available via conventional means.
Join India’s Best Betting Apps and Gambling Sites Today
Now that you know a thing or two about India’s best betting apps, it may be time to play? You can find a host of casinos and sportsbooks offering betting apps right here on this page. Don’t hesitate to click on one to read our review. We’re positive that if you’re looking for a top betting app, we’ve got what you’re looking for.
FAQS – Your Questions About Betting Apps in India Answered
Before you start wagering on betting apps, it may be worth exploring this FAQ. If you still have questions about Indian betting apps, we’re here to help with the following:
That depends. Some instant play sites are designed to mimic betting apps and are fully optimised for mobile gameplay. However, you’re guaranteed this service with all mobile betting apps.
Some do, and some don’t. It depends on where you play. Most of the major Indian sites have betting apps that provide both sports and casino gambling options. You’ll find many of these on this site.
Yes, you can. Just because your device won’t accept the app doesn’t mean you can’t play. You can still sign into your casino or sportsbook account via your device’s web browser. This alternative gameplay method works for both iOS and Android users.
That depends. If your chosen casino or sportsbook accepts Indian rupees normally (via the website), then yes. If not, then you’ll need to use another app. Fortunately, you may have more options than usual to choose from.
Not at all. In fact, only a handful of the very best Indian casinos and sportsbooks offer mobile betting apps. Smaller sites just haven’t got the team behind them to develop such an app.