Everything You Must Know About Andar Bahar at Indian Casinos
Andar Bahar is not the most complex or challenging game ever devised. In fact, there is precious little for Indians to do when betting on it. It is more akin to baccarat and Casino War than some realise. The game is noteworthy as a pure game of chance, unlike many other card-based gambling games. Even though there is little you can do to influence the game, we’re going to take a closer look. Perchance, there is a way we can help you play Andar Bahar at casinos in India.
As well as explaining this Indian favourite to our readers, we are also going to look at top casinos. Which casinos are best suited for playing Andar Bahar online? Why should Indians choose our recommended sites over others? Join us as we explore the famous Indian card game right here. Let’s begin by touching on a few top places where you can find it. After all, without Indian betting sites, where will you play Andar Bahar online?
Join Our Top Indian Casinos Offering Andar Bahar
Andar Bahar can be found at a handful of Western casinos that cater to Indian players. However, it can also be found at virtually all new casino websites. Any of these should work a treat if you want to play Andar Bahar online for real money. Of course, we only advocate that you play at trusted, certified, and legal Indian casinos. Our team has put together a list of the very best ones for you below. They include:
How to Play Andar Bahar at Indian Casinos
Andar Bahar is a game that needs virtually no introduction. Just like Roulette or Blackjack. This game translates, quite literally, as inside/outside. It is, in many ways, quite similar to Casino War or Evolution Gaming’s Football Studio. You are betting on a side to win – home or away, left, or right. While some liken it to baccarat, it is also substantially different from that game.
It is true that, just like in baccarat, you merely need to choose between two options. They are Side A and Side B. Baccarat lets you bet on a draw, and you can’t do that here, though. However, baccarat has rules regarding numbers, totals, and figures. There are none in this game. In this game, the highest value card wins – end of.
One of the most appealing things about Andar Bahar is how easy it is to learn. This is perfect for Indian players just starting out in the online casino world. It is also ideal for anybody who doesn’t quite like the idea of studying complicated poker rules. Here is a game that everyone can play.
To begin with, there are a few terms you need to know. They include:
- Joker: The first card dealt. This is the card you’re going to need to match.
- Andar: This means “inside” in Hindi, as we’ve said.
- Bahar: Naturally, this is Hindi for “outside”, as you may have guessed.
- Range: The number of cards drawn before one matches the joker.
Now that you know these terms, we can begin to play. First, you must decide which side of the deck the winning card will land on – left or right, Andar Bahar. The bet you place must fall within the table limits of the game.
After betting, the deck will be shuffled, and a card will be drawn as a joker. This is played between the Andar and Bahar sides. This is the card we need to match to win. Cards are then drawn, one by one, to the Andar and Bahar sides. The first one lands on the Andar side, followed by one on the Bahar side, and so on. The first side to have a card that matches (in value only) the joker card wins. Hopefully, that will be the side that you have bet on.
How to Win at this Game
As touched on, to win at Andar Bahar, you merely need to predict which side will match first. Because the first card will always fall on Andar, there is a slight edge of 2.15% on that. This means that this game isn’t quite the 50/50 game it claims to be. This means that winning Andar hands only pay at 0.9:1, not the 1:1 you’d get from a winning Bahar hand. The probability of an Andar hand winning is chalked up to 51.50%. By contrast, a winning Andar Bahar hand has a 48.5% chance of success. Good sites where you can play this game are 21 Casino India or 24betting India.
Some games like to tinker with the rules a bit. For instance, there are games which alter which side receives the first card. They base it on the colour of the joker card. If it is black, Andar will be chosen. If it is red, then Bahar will receive the first card. Of course it is important to note that these rules are not the norm. They are found in variants and do little to adjust the odds of the game. They merely switch the favoured hand around.
Playing with Side Bets
Andar Bahar is an Indian game that can be played with side bets. In fact, there are a few of them for you to choose from. While we are never in favour of side bets (your odds of success are low), we’ll walk you through them. In Andar Bahar, side bets include:
- Joker Bet: This is a bet on the card which will be chosen as the joker. Values of 2 through 7 offer a 46.15% chance of success and a 1:1 payout. If you believe that an eight will appear, you have a 7.69% chance of success. However, you’ll get the best prize of 11:1. Values of 9s to Aces offer the same odds and payouts as 2s through 7s. Red or black bets offer a 50% chance of success and a 0.9:1 prize. Betting on the joker being a specific suit offers a 25% chance of success and a 2.8:1 prize.
- Range Bets: These are stakes on how many cards will be drawn before one matches the joker. We won’t detail them all here. You can look them up at your leisure. We will say that the lowest payout is 3:1 for one to five cards being drawn. That has a 23.8% chance of success. The best prize is 120:1 for forty-one or more cards being drawn. Admittedly, the probability of this happening is shockingly low, at just 0.79%.
Other side bets may exist in Andar Bahar variants, but they are hardly standard or common. Speaking of Andar Bahar variants, allow us to introduce you to some of those next.
Andar Bahar Variants You May Wish to Try at Indian Casinos
There really aren’t many Andar Bahar variants out there for you to try. However, there are games that are quite like this Indian hit. If you like Andar Bahar and fancy trying something different, any of these games should be ideal:
- Kati: Kati is another Indian game. In Kati, thirteen cards are drawn face down. The player will then pick which one of those acts as the joker. Kati also uses an indicator card, showing which side will receive the first card. This can vary from game to game.
- Casino War: Casino War is a similar game but works a little differently. Here, you are betting on who has the highest card – the player or the dealer. In the event of a tie, War (an additional card added to each hand) is declared to determine a winner.
- Football Studio: This is much more closely tied to Andar Bahar. Evolution Gaming has woven a football theme into this live dealer game. Effectively, though, you are betting on a Home (Andar) or Away (Bahar) side to win. The rules are largely the same.
- Live Andar Bahar: As the name of this game suggests, the rules are the same, but the game is live. In short, a real human dealer has been used to take control of the game. That’s the only real difference.
Top Tips for Betting on Andar Bahar Online
While betting on Andar Bahar is amazingly simple, you can still become a better player. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you get started at Indian casinos. They include:
- Remember that Andar Bahar is a game of chance. Ignore any supposed strategies you may come across. They cannot guarantee a win – not now, not ever.
- Bet on Andar to get the lowest house edge. Yeah, you’ll lose a bit on commission, but it is worth it.
- Double-check that your Andar Bahar game hasn’t flipped around what side receives the first card. As explained above, there are times when this can happen.
- If you’re going to bet on side bets, you should stick to those that are most likely to occur. This is true even if the payouts aren’t worth much. They are worth the same as a basic bet in the base game.
- Andar Bahar is not a game you want to play if you want to win vast sums of cash. However, it is a fun game of chance if you fancy passing the time.
- It may be tempting to place huge wagers on what is effectively a 50-50 game of chance. However, we do not encourage you to do this.
Join India’s Best Andar Bahar Casinos and Betting Sites Today
As you can see, Andar Bahar is easily one of the simplest casino games you can play. No wonder it regularly appears at India’s top online casinos. Now that you know how to play it, it is time to find somewhere to do that. Scroll up to our top selection of Indian online casinos. You’ll find ample sites and top reviews right there. Alternatively, peruse the rest of our site to find other great Indian online casinos to play at.
FAQS – We Answer Your Andar Bahar Questions
Before you start betting on Andar Bahar, be sure to check this brief FAQ (frequently asked questions) guide. If you’ve got a question about Andar Bahar, we’ll do our best to answer it.
That depends on where you play. Most casinos offer welcome bonuses and deposit bonuses. Whether Andar Bahar is included in that bonus’ eligibility list depends on the casino in question.
Not likely. Andar Bahar is far too simple for a casino to invest much time into offering bonuses for it. However, live casino bonuses may be eligible for use on live Andar Bahar games.
Again, there isn’t much reason for casinos to offer this. The Indian game is far too simple to be used in tournaments. That said, Pragmatic Play’s Drops & Wins live casino tournaments span all sorts of games. Live Andar Bahar may be an option from time to time.
You’re wasting your time. Andar Bahar is about as close to a 50/50 game of chance as you can get. There are no strategies that can help you play this game.
Your game is probably playing with alternative rules – such as indicator cards. Some games do this. Check up on that before you decide to play to avoid surprises.
No. The most you can hope to win is 1:1 in the base game and 120:1 if you use selected side bets. There are no progressive jackpot Andar Bahar games out there.
Translated from Hindi, Andar Bahar literally means Inside Outside, and it comes from two sides you can choose to bet from.