Everything You Must Know About Playing Blackjack in India
Blackjack is a game that you will likely already know. However, that doesn’t mean that it isn’t worth exploring how it works in a bit more detail. This is something we aim to do for our Indian readers. If you’re interested in playing blackjack at Indian casino sites, what do you need to know? Join us as we explore the ins and outs of betting on blackjack from India.
We’ll begin by introducing you to a handful of the best Indian casinos supporting blackjack. After this, we’ll move on to how the game is played – looking at basic moves and how to win. Finally, we’ll cover variants, showcase a few top tips, discuss live blackjack, and answer your questions. If you’re ready to begin, let’s look at India’s best blackjack casinos next.
Join Our Top Indian Casinos Offering Blackjack
There are all sorts of top Indian casinos out there offering blackjack games. However, some have a greater array of games or are more secure than others. We’ve handpicked (well, cherrypicked, really) the very best of them to showcase right here. Here are our top picks for Indian casinos offering blackjack to you today. They include:
How to Play Blackjack Online
Blackjack is a card game that uses at least one deck and sometimes as many as eight decks. The basic idea, as we’re sure you are aware, is to beat the dealer’s hand. Some players think that they must hit “twenty-one” to win, but that’s not true. Beating the dealer’s hand is all that is required.
As you know, going over twenty-one points will see your hand bust. In effect, you’ll be out of the game and lose your bet. You want to avoid that eventuality at all costs. In blackjack, each card counts for its numerical value, with faces counting as tens. Aces are worth eleven points or one point – whichever you need.
You begin a game of blackjack by moving your chips into the designated betting circle. This is also known as the Ante Bet spot. Your bet must fall within the table limits to be deemed valid. Once your bet is made, you’ll be dealt two cards, often face up. The dealer will also take two cards. They may have a single card face up, both cards on show, or none displayed, depending on the variant. It is impossible to bust on just two cards. Once the initial deal has been made, it is time to make a decision.
The Basic Moves – Explained
Once you’ve received your two cards, there are a series of moves you can make in blackjack. Some of the options you have may not actually be there – that depends on what you’ve got. These are the options that you may have in front of you when playing:
- Hit: This option is always available and allows you to take another card. You can take as many blackjack cards as you want if the total doesn’t exceed twenty-one.
- Stand: If you’re happy with the total or don’t want to risk taking another card, you can stand.
- Double Down: On some occasions, you may decide that you want to take a risk. Doubling down involves placing a bet equal to your Ante (the first bet). You will receive one more card if you raise your bet in this way.
- Take Insurance: If the dealer has an ace on show, some players may wish to take insurance. This is a side-bet that the dealer has twenty-one. However, the odds of them having twenty-one are not as high as you might think.
- Split: Finally, you may be able to split your hand. Doing so will create two unique hands, each of which will receive another card. You’ll need to wager the same as your Ante bet to do this. Splitting is an option that is only available with some hands. The rules for splitting can vary from game to game.
How to Win at Blackjack
You don’t have to have a twenty-one-point hand to win. As mentioned, you must only beat the blackjack dealer. Any victory over the dealer would ensure winnings of 1:1. However, if you manage to beat the dealer with a blackjack (a twenty-one-point hand), then you’ll win 3:2. If you placed an insurance bet and were successful, you can win 2:1.
It is worth noting that if you bust, you’re out of the game, and you lose your bet. Moreover, if the dealer beats you, you will also lose. Things change if you’ve split your hands. If only one of them beats the dealer, you will only pocket a prize on that hand. If both beat the dealer’s hand, you’ll win prizes for both.
Note that prizes can vary depending on the blackjack variant you are playing. Some may offer bigger or smaller prizes based on how the rules have changed. We’ll discuss these briefly in a moment.
Blackjack Side-Bets at Indian Casinos
Indian casinos offer blackjack games that can feature side-bets. Personally, we’re not a fan of side-bets as your odds of success aren’t great. Even so, it would be wrong for us to just shoo them away without first discussing them. What do you need to know?
There are lots of different side-bets you can make in blackjack. However, three tend to be more popular than others. We’ll introduce you to them below:
- Super Sevens: Also known as Super 7s, this side-bet can see you win if you land specific sevens. For instance, a single seven, two sevens, three unsuited sevens or suited 7s.
- 21+3: Players can pocket prizes with this side-bet if they land “poker hands”. The side-bet involves your first two cards and the dealer’s face-up card. You can win with a suited three-of-a-kind, straight flush, three-of-a-kind, straight or a flush.
- Perfect Pairs: A perfect pairs bet is based on the first two cards you receive. You can win with mixed pairs, coloured pairs, or Perfect Pairs. Mixed pairs offer different suits and colours but the same values. Coloured pairs are based on the same colour and value but a different suit. A Perfect Pair is the same colour, value, and suit.
There will be an option on the side of the table if you wish to place a side bet. The payouts vary, but most are worth far more than a conventional win in blackjack. Of course, the odds of success aren’t brilliant. The best prize (that we’ve seen) is 5,000:1 for three suited sevens with the Super 7s bet.
Blackjack Variants You May Want to Try
There are many different blackjack games out there that you can try playing. Every variation will feature a slightly different take on the rules. However, it is worth noting that this means that the prizes will also vary. So, too, will the rules regarding when the dealer stands and how they can win. The RTP and house edge will also be notably different in each variant.
We strongly recommend that you learn how each game works by playing them for free. However, to give you an idea of what to look for, we’ll introduce you to some below. These are the most common blackjack variants you can find in Indian online casinos:
- 21 Burn: This blackjack game lets you throw away (burn) one card for the chance of landing an ace.
- Blackjack Surrender: In this game, you can “surrender” or fold if you’ve received a particularly bad hand. You’ll save half your bet in this manner.
- Blackjack Switch: In this game (which debuted in 2009), you can swap cards between hands. Of course, the house edge and prizes are modified to offset the advantage you gain.
- Classic Blackjack: This is the most basic version of the game and is sometimes referred to as single-deck blackjack. We’re sure you can figure out why.
- Double Exposure: In this blackjack variant, you get to see both the dealer’s cards from the off. However, the dealer offsets that advantage by winning all ties and by offering lower payouts for blackjack.
- European Blackjack: This basic game was developed to counteract card counters. The dealer cannot look (peek) at their card, and you can’t split on 4s, 5s or 10s.
Other Popular Variants
- Match Play 21: A fun-filled game, this game works bonus payouts into the mix. It is starting to become a mainstay in the land-based betting world, too.
- Multi-hand Blackjack: This isn’t one game, but any blackjack game that lets you bet on several hands. Naturally, the more hands you play with, the greater the stake the game commands. Unlike Blackjack Switch, you cannot swap cards between hands here.
- Pontoon: Popular in the UK and Australia, this game forbids standing on less than fourteen. Moreover, there is a five-card-trick, letting you win if you remain “under 21” with five cards. Payouts are higher in Pontoon than blackjack as you have less chance of success.
- Spanish 21: Another popular game, this one does away with all ten cards. You’ve still got faces counting as 10s, though. The odds of success aren’t great in Spanish 21, which is why the payouts are impressive.
- Super Fun 21: A bizarre game created in 1999, this one provides players with a handful of different ways to win. It is common in Vegas-like online casinos but not found everywhere.
- Zappit Blackjack: A unique online casino game, players can “zap” their hand if it holds specific cards. Doing so can see new cards handed to the player to boost their chances of winning.
What About Live Blackjack?
As you had probably guessed, blackjack is available to play as a live dealer casino game, too. While there are many providers out there, most only offer a barebones live blackjack experience. Some of the top live dealer blackjack games you can choose to play include these hits:
- Speed Blackjack: This fast-paced game has very short betting windows, and you’ll immediately get the choice to hit, double down or split to ensure that time is not wasted.
- Lightning Blackjack: This blackjack variant can feature multipliers, known as Lightning Cards. Up to 25x the standard rate of pay could be won in this game.
- Free Bet Blackjack: Players can double-down for free on two-card totals of a hard 9, 10 or 11 in this game. You’ll also get free split bets on all pairs (save for 10s).
- VIP/Salon Privé Blackjack: This is a blackjack game that is designed for high rollers. These are private, high-rolling tables and aren’t for the faint-hearted. Consider them high-limit games of any Indian casino site.
- First-Person Blackjack: Developed by Evolution Gaming, this blackjack game lets you hop back and forth between live dealer and an RNG interface.
Blackjack Bonuses at Top Indian Casinos
Many top Indian casinos are home to blackjack bonuses. Most offer a generic welcome bonus that can be used on table games such as blackjack. Some may also have dedicated live dealer bonuses that you can only use to play live titles, such as blackjack. Indeed, some casinos also have dedicated table game bonuses or may run tournaments. The array of blackjack promotions and bonuses you can find will vary from site to site. However, it is fair to say that blackjack bonuses are a reality at many Indian casinos.
Top Tips for Betting on Blackjack at Indian Casinos
In our years playing blackjack online, we’ve come across quite a few tips and tricks. We’re eager to share our knowledge with you below. If you want to become a better blackjack player, then be sure to do the following:
- Learn how to use Basic Strategy. This chart-based guide tells you the best moves to make based on what’s on the table.
- Don’t double your bet when you’ve got a total of eleven in your first two cards.
- If you have a pair of aces, be sure to split them if your blackjack game allows it.
- Don’t take insurance or make side-bets.
- Avoid betting systems like the Martingale. These can cost you severely if you go on a losing streak.
- Play blackjack games for free before wagering real money on them. Most casinos offer you free-to-play blackjack demos, for instance.
- Don’t worry about not being able to play live blackjack games for free. These are often based on basic rules anyway. We’re sure you can find an RNG (random number generator) equivalent that works the same way.
Join India’s Best Blackjack Betting Sites Today
Now that you know about the world’s most famous card game, are you ready to play? If so, don’t hesitate to stand and hit up our top recommended Indian blackjack sites. All our casinos are available for Indian bettors. They pass our strict tests with flying colours and offer an array of blackjack games for you. When you play with our Indian blackjack casinos, you can’t go wrong.
FAQS – We Answer Your Blackjack Questions
Before we go, allow us to answer some of your most pressing questions relating to blackjack. For instance…
You can, although it is not very common. If you want to play progressive blackjack, you’ll need to find an appropriate venue.
Yes, they do. Most of the mainstream blackjack games out there can be played with cryptocurrencies. There are even crypto-specific blackjack titles if you fancy something niched.
Yes. Any top Indian casino worth its salt will ensure that you can bet on blackjack using Indian rupees. Most software providers have already guaranteed that you can do this, so it is out of the casino’s control.
Sometimes they do, yes. It really depends on the software providers involved in an online casino. If the software providers offer those games, so will the casino.
This can sometimes happen depending on the variant you are playing. If you’ve been given a nice advantage (in the rules), then the variant will often offset this. The dealer winning ties may be one way the game does so.
Yes. While side-bets and blackjack insurance have nice prizes, they have terrible odds of success. We’d recommend just staying away from them.
Yes. Most blackjack games can be played for free online, at a casino or on the software provider’s website. The only exceptions are live dealer games.
You can. Some major providers of live dealer games, such as Pragmatic Play, run blackjack tournaments, such as Drops & Wins. In-house casino tournaments focusing on table games like blackjack are not uncommon at Indian casinos, either.