Everything You Must Know About Roulette at Indian Casinos
Roulette is one of the most popular games found in Indian online casinos. Whether you wish to play American, European or French Roulette, there is something for everyone. Roulette can be straightforward or more complicated, depending on how much you want to learn. We’re going to give you everything you need to be a top roulette player right here.
As well as explaining the game and its many bets, we at Indian Betting Sites Online introduce you to top Indian casinos. These are ideal places where you can find dozens of variants to play, including all the top hits. Without further delay, let’s start by showcasing some of these Indian roulette sites below.
Join Our Top Indian Casinos Offering Roulette
Before we dive into explaining roulette, why not find a place to play? Our team has put together a top list of reputable Indian casinos for you right here. They include:
How to Play Roulette at Indian Casinos
Roulette is a straightforward game that we’re relatively sure you already know how to play. There are thirty-six numbered pockets on a roulette wheel, each coloured red or black. There is also at least one green zero pocket, sometimes two. A bet is placed on one or more of the pockets of the roulette wheel. The roulette ball is dropped into the spinning wheel. If it lands in a pocket favourable to your bet, you will win. If it doesn’t, or it lands in the zero pocket, you will lose (most of the time).
Of course, that’s the basic explanation. There are more ins and outs to roulette than that, and we’ll cover those in this article. Most new Indian casino sites also have an explantation about the game on their website. First, though, let us start by exploring the three main variants out there. They include:
- American Roulette: This game features two zero pockets. Therefore, American Roulette has double the house edge of European roulette, at 5.25%.
- European Roulette: The most popular variant, European Roulette has just one zero and a house edge of 2.7%. It also features a racetrack where additional bets can be made.
- French Roulette: French Roulette can feature one or two rule changes that mean you won’t necessarily lose on a zero. This lowers the house edge even further to a favourable 1.35%.
Once you’ve decided which game you want to play, it is time to bet.
Placing Your Bets
When you decide to bet on roulette on websites like Dafabet or maybe Pure-Win, it is important to note that your chip placement is essential. Your chip must be placed “exactly” where it needs to be for your bet to count. Most roulette games at Indian casinos have table limits. You can find these minimum and maximum stake limits written on the table. Most games are affordable for all players, although some high-roller tables do exist for big-spenders.
Once your bet is placed (and other players have bet in live dealer games), the game begins. Betting is something you may have to do rapidly, depending on the length of the betting window. For this reason, you need to know what you’re doing. Allow us to walk you through the many types of roulette bets next.
Straightforward and Simple: Outside Bets – Explained
The most straightforward betting options for new Indian players are outside bets. These get their name because they are on the outside of the roulette betting board. While they pay the least of all roulette bets, they are also the most likely to occur. This makes them desirable for first-timers or Indians playing on a budget. Let’s introduce you to these below. They include:
- Even Money Bets: You will likely have heard of these bets before. They are the most straightforward for new Indian players to bet with. They include odds, evens, reds, blacks, highs (19-36) and lows (1-18). You place the chip on the specific market for your bet. If the ball lands in a desirable pocket for your bet, you’ll win even money (1:1).
- Dozen Bets: The pockets are divided into three “dozens”, namely 1-12, 13-24, 25-36. You can place your chip on the First Twelve, Second Twelve or Third Twelve spots to bet on these. Successful dozen bets pay 2:1.
- Column Bets: There are always three columns of numbers on the betting board. A column bet is a wager on one of these. You place your chip at the top of the first, second or third column, and successful bets will pay 2:1. This is not the same as a “column betting strategy”, which we will explain later.
Inside Bets Have Longer Odds
Inside bets are located in the main part of the betting board. These have far less chance of success, but this is offset by better payouts. These take a bit of getting used to. However, we’ve got all the information you need to know about inside bets readily available below. Let’s get started.
- Six-Line/Six-Number Bet: A Six-Line is a bet on two rows of numbers. The chip goes at the end of the row between them. It pays 5:1.
- Basket/Five-Number Bet: This five-number bet is on 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3 and is only found in American Roulette. Place your bet on the line intersecting those numbers. You can win 6:1.
- Corner Bet: A bet on four numbers. Place your bet on the intersecting line between them. Successful bets can yield wins of 8:1.
- Street/Trio Bet: This three-number bet sees your chip placed at the end of a row. You can win 11:1 if this bet comes good.
- Split Bet: Split bets are stakes on two numbers, with the chip placed on the intersecting line between them. Winning split bets pay 17:1.
- Straight-Up/Straight Bet: A bet on a single number that pays 35:1 if it lands. As you can imagine, you only need to place your chip or chips on the designated number.
Betting on the Racetrack
European and French Roulette games usually come with a racetrack. This is an additional oval-shaped betting board. Here, you can place more adventurous bets. These are combination bets that allow you to cover the wheel.
They are sometimes known as call bets because you must announce them in a land-based casino. They are also known as neighbour bets, as they involve multiple adjoining numbers. Online roulette games let you bet on them using simplified options. We’ll briefly touch on them below.
- Voisins du Zéro/Neighbours of Zero: This bet covers the seventeen numbers (including zero) from the “22 pocket” to the “25 pocket” on the wheel. This bet is popular because it has a 45.9% chance of success.
- Orphelins/Orphans: This bet covers eight numbers – 9, 31, 14, 20, 1, 17, 34 and 6. You’ll win at least 17:1 but can also win more depending on the number you landed.
- Tiers du Cylindre/Third of the Wheel: This covers roughly a third of the wheel, as its name suggests, spanning the twelve numbers from 33 to 27. A win is worth 17:1, although this bet costs five chips, so it is really 17:5.
- Jeu Zéro/Zero Game: A bet on 12, 35, 3, 25, 0, 32 and 15. The amount you can win on roulette varies depending on the number you land. A top win (on 26) is worth 35:1, but this is really 35:4 when you consider the stake. Other wins land at 17:1 or 17:4 if we consider the cost of the bet.
Simple Roulette Betting Strategies
You may have heard that using roulette strategies is ideal? Hold your horses. Of course there are different types of strategies for Indians at online casinos, and they aren’t all great. For instance, are we talking about a betting system or a betting strategy?
- Betting System: A method of placing bets so that eventually, you should break even or potentially win a small profit.
- Betting Strategy: A type of bet you can place which maximises your odds of success. It doesn’t guarantee a win but gives you the best shot of doing so.
As you can see – one of these betting options is ideal, and the other isn’t. Generally, we don’t like betting systems. Options such as the Martingale will see you double your bet when you lose and lower it when you win.
The idea is that when you eventually win, you will win back all you’ve lost and gain a small profit. What this and other betting systems don’t take into consideration is losing streaks. A heavy losing streak can see you run out of funds (doubling them each time) before you win. As you can imagine, that can be catastrophic and see you out of the game rather early.
By contrast, betting strategies are sound. They cannot guarantee a win but involve placing a combination of bets across the betting board. This will “cover the wheel”, so to speak. The idea is that you’ve placed an optimal bet that gives you the best chance to win. Covering the wheel and column betting are two options you may wish to explore here. Both are good betting strategies and can improve your odds of success.
Lower the House Edge: La Partage and En Prison
French Roulette brings two different rules to the table. La Partage and En Prison. Using these means that you won’t necessarily lose if the ball lands in the zero pocket. It effectively lowers the house edge to 1.35%. Here’s what happens instead:
- La Partage: Translates from French as “Sharing Rule”. Any even money bet landing on zero will see half of the stake returned to the player. If any other bet lands on the zero, you lose.
- En Prison: This means “In Prison”. Here, an even money bet landing on zero will be frozen (imprisoned) for the next bet. If you win the next bet, you’ll get your stake back alongside your winnings. If you lose, your imprisoned stake and your new bet are lost.
Note that European and French Roulette are identical in many ways. The En Prison rule is only found in French Roulette. However, some European Roulette games do include La Partage alongside their French Roulette counterparts. Neither rule is found natively in American Roulette games.
Top Roulette Variants at Indian Casinos
American, European and French Roulette aren’t the only variants you can find at the best Indian betting sites. There are many more. Most are loosely based on one of those three games. We’ve decided to run the rule over the more popular ones for you below. They include:
- Lightning Roulette: A live dealer game from Evolution Gaming, where multipliers may be added into the game to boost your wins.
- Immersive Roulette: Another Evolution Gaming live dealer release, where you can get up close and personal with HD cameras.
- Mini Roulette: This game only features twelve numbers and is considered a fast-paced roulette variant.
- Multi-Wheel Roulette: This variant uses several wheels. Consider it akin to multi-hand blackjack games. You can play with several wheels, boosting your chances of winning, but it costs extra for every wheel you use.
- Multi-Ball Roulette: A single wheel is used in this game, with several balls dropped into it. However, bets are altered to account for the extra ball in this game.
- Speed Roulette: This game is fast paced, as its name suggests. There isn’t much of a betting window in-between rounds in this live dealer release.
- Auto Roulette: Another fast-paced game, this game takes place automatically (even in RNG format), leaving you with short betting windows.
- Salon Privé/VIP Roulette: Suitable for high rollers, this roulette game offers extensive table limits for rich Indian bettors.
- Jackpot Roulette: Jackpot roulette is a basic roulette wheel which carries a progressive jackpot. It is won by placing a side-bet and landing either in a designated jackpot pocket. Alternatively, it can be won by landing on a randomly chosen number. The method for winning varies from game to game.
Top Tips for Betting on Roulette in India
In our years of playing roulette at Indian casinos, we’ve stumbled across a few top tips. We’re happy to share them with you below:
- Always play games with La Partage or En Prison rules. This lowers the house edge.
- You should avoid playing with multiple wheels. Playing with more wheels improves your odds of success but also multiplies your stake.
- Avoid playing with money you’ve won. If you win, keep that cash set aside.
- Don’t put your faith in betting systems like the Martingale. If you go on a losing streak, you could end up bankrupt rather rapidly.
- Sit out some games. It is best to take the back seat occasionally and merely watch. This gives you clarity and focuses on your decision-making.
- Play some roulette games for free. Free demo versions of RNG (random number generator) games exist at casinos and review sites. Try them out before betting on any roulette variant you aren’t familiar with. You won’t win real rupees, but the experience you can gain beforehand is invaluable.
Join India’s Best Roulette Betting Sites Today
Now that you know all about playing this game in India, perhaps it is time to join a top site? Our team has put together a reliable, superb selection of trusted Indian casinos. Any of these sites will work a treat for you.
They offer tasty but fair casino bonuses, the internet’s most popular games, and they are safe. Scroll up to find our Indian casino list and learn more about each site by clicking on its review. We promise that you’ll find exactly the kinds of top roulette games you’re looking for with our recommended Indian casinos.
FAQS – We Answer Your Roulette Questions
Before we go, we’ll just leave you with this short FAQ guide. If you have any lingering questions about roulette, we’ll answer them below.
Most do, yes. It is rare to find an Indian casino that doesn’t offer any roulette games of any kind. You should easily be able to find at least a handful of roulette games to play.
You can, yes. In most top Indian casinos, software providers have ensured that INR can be used to bet on games. It is only a handful of smaller, fledgling providers that haven’t made this so.
Most conventional welcome bonuses can be used to play games at Indian casinos. However, some Indian casinos go one further and offer you dedicated bonuses. You’ll find many of these top sites on our page right here.
This is a game that offers a progressive jackpot prize to its players. The prize rises with each bet until it is won. The rules for winning progressive jackpots in roulette will vary from game to game.
American Roulette easily has the worst house edge of seemingly all roulette games. You can halve the house edge by playing European Roulette. You can half that again by playing French Roulette with La Partage/En Prison rules.
If you lose connectivity while playing live roulette, you’re in trouble. Live dealer games carry on without you, so if you’ve bet and lost connectivity, you’ll likely lose your money. This contrasts with RNG games, where the action is usually paused until you regain connectivity.
This is a bet that involves strategically betting on certain columns. Doing so allows you to cover various reds and blacks to “cover the wheel”. It is a combination of bets worth exploring if you want to maximise your win potential.